Video marketing is a great opportunity to connect, engage and build a deeper relationship with your online audience and it can also even achieve your business goals whether it is website visits, engagement, leads, conversions, and even sales. This article will be a guide to everything that you need to know about video marketing in Singapore for the year 2023. From its benefits, its strategies, the different video types, and video marketing statistics to take note of.
What is Video Marketing?
So here is a general overview of what video marketing is:
Video marketing can be referred to the use of videos to promote or market your company and its offerings on digital platforms like your website or social media accounts.
Video marketing capitalizes on digital media that combines storytelling, authenticity, and analytics. This results in a very effective and powerful form of content that companies can use.
In 2023, you can use video marketing in a variety of ways. It can be used for building relationships with customers, promoting brands, services, or products, and even showcasing your own customers and their experiences with your brand.
- What is Video Marketing?
- Video Marketing Trends in 2023
- How Video Marketing Can Benefit Your Business
- How to Create an Effective Video Marketing Strategy in 2023
- 1. Set clear goals and objectives for your video marketing campaign.
- 2. Establish your target audience and the key message you want to communicate to them.
- 3. Decide what type of video you want to create.
- 4. Shoot and edit the video.
- 5. Distribute your video to your preferred social media and video platforms.
- Should You Create Your Videos In House or Outsource Them?
- What Are the Different Types of Videos You Can Use for Video Marketing in Singapore?
- Best Practices to Follow When Using Videos for Popular Social Media Platforms in 2023
Video Marketing Trends in 2023
1. MORE people are spending MORE time on videos
- 78% of people are watching online videos weekly, and 55% watch videos every day. (HubSpot)
- YouTube viewers watch more than 1 billion hours of video every day on the website. (YouTube)
- The consumption of mobile videos is rising by 100% every year. (Insivia)
- More than 2 billion people are using YouTube which is about one-third of the internet. (YouTube)
2. More businesses are adopting video as an effective marketing tool
- 81% of businesses are using video as a marketing tool which is higher than the previous year at only 63%. (HubSpot)
- 52% of marketers say that video is the best type of content in terms of its return on investment. (HubSpot)
- 85% of marketers have said that short-form videos are the most effective type of social media content heading into 2023. (HubSpot)
- 64% of marketers are planning to invest more in social media communities. (HubSpot)
How Video Marketing Can Benefit Your Business
Now that you have a clearer understanding of what video marketing is, here are some intriguing benefits that should push you to create videos for your company in Singapore:
1. Videos boost your conversion rates by 80%.
According to HubSpot, having a video on your landing page can help increase your conversions by 80%.
A research by Tubular Insights also revealed that 64% of consumers will push through with a purchase after watching branded videos on social media platforms.
Whether you are aiming for more website visits, leads, sign ups, or purchases, including videos will help boost any of those conversions.
This is a lot more effective than making someone simply read information on your website. When you have a well made video that is able to communicate your key message in an entertaining and informative manner, it can persuade your customers to buy from you.
2. Videos help with SEO.
Search engines always want to find the most relevant and engaging content for their users. Videos do a perfect job of combining the elements of being informative while also being a type of content that is more engaging as compared to text posts, articles, or photos. (Nearly 60% of executives would rather watch a video than read an article on the same topic, according to Wordstream)
A website is 53 times more likely to make it to the front page of Google if it includes videos. (Insivia)
Having a video helps increase organic search traffic on a website by 157%. (Conversion XL)
You will have more quality traffic drawn to your website when you make more videos. This will then lead to boosting your overall SEO in the long run.
YouTube has now become the second largest search engine because video has now become so apparent for searches.
It helps to create videos that can help answer or direct users to your company and its products. Sharing your videos through social media will also help its chances of ranking higher on search engines.
3. Videos can double or triple the Click-through-rate of email campaigns.
Email marketing campaigns can be difficult at times because of the low conversion rates that typically come with it. However, adding videos into these sent emails can help the performance of your email marketing campaigns. Even just including the word “video” in the subject line can already increase open rates and decrease unsubscribe rates.
Including videos in emails leads to a much higher click through rate with about a 200%-300% increase which can be enough of an argument alone to include videos. This is because it is a lot easier to just watch something instead of reading a lot of text.
If you want to promote your product, it would make more sense to actually show in the email a video of how the product actually works instead of just a text description.
4. Videos build credibility and trust with consumers.
Videos are much more powerful, engaging and effective in showcasing your brand’s tone, values, and personality.
97% of marketers say video has helped users obtain a better understanding of their products and services. (HubSpot)
Having videos of your brand can help build a deeper and more personalised connection with your audience in Singapore.
90% of users say that watching product videos is helpful when it comes to making their decision towards a purchase. So, creating more product videos by your own business in Singapore can help build credibility and even trust with your own customers. This trust and credibility can then lead to a long-term relationship with loyal customers.
5. Videos are more shareable.
Out of all the content online that is being posted, video content has the best chance of being shared by a large audience.
What’s great with video marketing is that it offers a lot of different opportunities and possibilities that your brand can capitalize on. Create different types of videos that offer different kinds of values to customers and watch your business grow.
6. Videos convey your brand message more effectively.
It is a lot easier for people to remember and retain information if it is consumed through videos instead of just viewing text and images.
Viewers retain 95% of information when seen in a video, compared to only 10% when reading it in text. (Insivia)
This is why people prefer learning through videos rather than text and images because of how they can convey your brand messages in a more entertaining and effective way.
72% of customers would rather watch videos to learn more about a product or service. (HubSpot)
Videos allow you to convey the information you are communicating into something short and engaging in a way that other types of content can’t do. This makes them more memorable and more likely to be remembered by consumers.
Almost 50% of internet users search for videos related to a product or service before visiting an actual store. (HubSpot)
How to Create an Effective Video Marketing Strategy in 2023
So now that you know how videos can help out your business in Singapore, here is how you should initiate a video marketing strategy that will help you achieve your desired results in 2023:
- Set clear goals and objectives for your video marketing campaign.
- Establish your target audience and the key message you want to communicate to them.
- Decide what type of video you want to create.
- Shoot and edit the video.
- Distribute your video to your preferred social media and video platforms.
1. Set clear goals and objectives for your video marketing campaign.
When it comes to creating your strategy for your video marketing campaign, the first thing you need to do is to clearly define your goals and objectives for it. This is where you get to decide on what stage of the marketing funnel your video will focus on.
The three stages are awareness, consideration, and decision.
- Awareness – In this stage, you are still trying to capture the attention of potential audiences. The videos you make for awareness should present your product as a new opportunity or a solution to a problem an audience has. These videos should be able to attract new users and also be a solid introduction of your brand to a new audience.
- Consideration – For this, people already know about your brand and its offering but are still deciding on purchasing from your company. They will be doing their research, looking for recommendations, or finding solutions. The videos for this stage should be able to quell any type of concerns they may initially find. Providing review videos and demo videos will be a great help in pushing them towards a purchase.
- Decision – For the decision stage, your consumers are already close to making their final purchase decision. This means that you are able to keep yourselves at the top-of-mind for your potential audience. To close the sale, you should create videos that prove why your offering should be chosen by them and videos that show proof of your previous customers’ satisfaction with your company.
2. Establish your target audience and the key message you want to communicate to them.
Now that you have decided on which stage of the marketing funnel you’ll be focusing your videos on, you now have to establish your target audience in Singapore. Along with choosing a target audience is coming up with what key message you want to communicate to them.
The key to this is developing your buyer’s persona, so you either have to create one or remind yourselves of the person you have created. Of course, you would want that the people you want to buy your product will be the same people who you will want to reach with your videos.
To finalize the strategy for your target audience, keep in mind these three things:
- Who your offering is for – what type of audience you will focus on.
- What the message and purpose of your video is – which stage of the marketing funnel you will choose.
- Where your target audience spends time online – this will help you decide where you should distribute your video.
3. Decide what type of video you want to create.
Your decision on what type of video you want to create will depend on the factors previously mentioned in your target audience, purpose and message of the video, and where you will post it.
Here are some recommended video types for each stage of the marketing funnel:
Awareness – explainer videos and educational videos
Consideration – product review videos and testimonial videos
Decision – tutorial videos and personalised videos
We will explain in detail what these video types are and how they should be made in the “What Are the Different Types of Videos You Can Use for Video Marketing in Singapore?” section of the article.
4. Shoot and edit the video.
Once you have sorted everything out in terms of planning for your video, you can now start the process of shooting your videos. When it comes to shooting your videos, you can either do them in house with your own company or outsource it to a proven video production company.
The differences between these two options for video production will be talked about in detail in the “Should You Create Your Videos In House or Outsource Them?” section of the article.
When the video production has wrapped up, editors can now get to work to make the video look like what you have conceptualized during the early stages of your video marketing strategy. This is where visual effects, music, additional graphics, and other elements will be added to make your video look the best it can be and ready for distribution.
5. Distribute your video to your preferred social media and video platforms.
Even though you are done with everything you need for your video, it is still important to create a clear plan when it comes to distributing it online. You have to think about which video platform you will use to distribute your video. This will depend on where your target audience spends the most of their time online.
Each video platform has their own specific requirements and specifications that you have to optimize for. Optimizing your videos to fit these requirements can help maximize the potential of your videos in those platforms which will help you out in terms of engagement and interactions with your target audience.
You can learn more about how to optimize your videos on these platforms in the “Best Practices to Follow When Using Videos for Popular Social Media Platforms” section of this article.
Should You Create Your Videos In House or Outsource Them?
When it comes to creating your videos, you have to make an important decision on how to produce them: should you make them in house or outsource them to a video production company in Singapore?
Whether you choose to do these videos in house or outsource them, this is how the typical process of video production will go:
- Creating a video brief (which includes things like goals and objectives, target audience, distribution plans)
- Creating a storyboard and writing a script
- Scouting for a location
- Acquiring and maintaining filming equipment (cameras, lights, props, and mics)
- Pre-production setup
- Production (filming the video)
- Post-production (editing the video and adding graphics, animations or special effects)
If you choose to make your videos in house, here are some of the pros and cons that will come with it:
Advantages of Creating Videos In-House
- You will have a deeper understanding of your brand
- You will have full creative control
- You can buy and then own your equipment
- Reshoots can be easier to schedule
- You can set your own timelines
Disadvantages of Creating Videos In-House
- It may be difficult to be unbiased
- Investing in equipment can be expensive
- Downtime can be costly with some members
- Scheduling members as part of the shoot can be disruptive
- Your team members have to wear many hats balancing work and the shoot
If you want to outsource your video to a video production company in Singapore, these are some of the pros and cons that you may encounter:
Advantages of Outsourcing a Video Agency in Singapore
- You will get an unbiased and external perspective
- You will have access to expert writers, storytellers, and video professionals
- You can get professional actors who are comfortable on camera
- You don’t need to find and buy film equipment
- You will work with a team that already has previous experience in video shoots
- There is no need to distract your employees from their work
- You get experts at editing, effects, and animation
Disadvantages of Outsourcing a Video Agency
- It may take a while to find a suitable production company
- They may have a less refined understanding of your brand
- You may have limited creative control
- The project timeline may be out of your hands
What Are the Different Types of Videos You Can Use for Video Marketing in Singapore?
Now that you have a better idea of how to make videos, here are some of the different types of videos you can create for your business in Singapore:
1. Testimonial videos
Testimonial videos are a great way to build a deeper relationship with your customers and can even push potential customers towards a purchase.
Putting the spotlight on your customers makes your brand even more trustworthy to potential customers. The key is to get real customers and prompt them on their positive experiences with your product or service.
It is evident that people need social proof based on statistics like 62% of consumers that watch product review videos before buying. This testimonial video can be an emotionally engaging and interactive review of your offering.
Here is an example of a testimonial video from Google AdWords:
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqHpm7OLWWY
2. Explainer videos
Explainer videos can be very helpful especially for businesses that offer products or services that may seem complex to unfamiliar audiences.
These videos can help break down complex concepts into something more simpler so that consumers can easily understand what their offering provides.
You can post these videos on your company’s homepage and specifically, its landing page and even distribute it on all your social media accounts as well.
Here is an example of an explainer video from Squarespace:
Video Link: https://vimeo.com/68627966
3. Company Culture videos
Company culture videos provide a great opportunity because it can help communicate a good story for your brand which can set it apart from your competitors.
These videos can be effective in motivating your own employees, captivating existing and potential customers, and can even act as a way to recruit potential employees.
These offer a more personal experience of the work that you do and puts faces on the name of the people in your team. You can showcase your office, activities, and events.
Here is an example of a company culture video from Zendesk:
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd5LRkjGK84
4. Product Demo videos
A product demo video will help showcase your product, the problem it solves or the opportunity it presents, and how it works.
It is similar to a commercial but with a more in-depth breakdown of how your product actually works. It is important to highlight the unique features your product has.
These videos can be effective in helping you stand out from your competition if you are able to highlight your unique features properly.
Here is an example of a product demo video from SurveyMonkey:
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnET-g7NTao
5. Product Review videos
Product review videos can be one of the most helpful types of video content for consumers, especially those who are already considering a purchase from you.
These videos work best when you have already had an established relationship with most of your audience. These videos can help answer common questions and resolve any doubts on your product.
With product review videos, your brand or a content creator that you can collaborate with can showcase the unique benefits your product has and provide your audience with all the information they need before making their purchase.
Here is Marques Brownlee’s product review video for the Samsung Z Flip 3:
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uu9VWBgcBU
6. Personalised videos
Personalised videos can be one of the most engaging types of videos because of the factor of personalisation. These personal details can make for a more engaging experience for customers.
These videos place the focus completely on the audience. They can be very effective because 80% of online shoppers are more likely to buy from a company that provides a personalised experience.
Taking that extra step to make your customer feel special shows how much you care about their needs and successes.
Here is an example of a personalised video from Barclays:
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ciqtN4jOtI
Best Practices to Follow When Using Videos for Popular Social Media Platforms in 2023
With a clearer understanding of what videos you can create, here are some of the best practices you should follow when distributing your videos for popular social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube:
Facebook and Instagram
When developing your video marketing strategy, Facebook and Instagram should be top priorities in terms of where you should post your videos. Optimizing your videos on these two platforms can set your videos up for even more success.
For Facebook, native videos have a 168% higher interaction rate compared to shared videos from other platforms. While on Instagram, videos receive up to 21% more interactions than photos.
It’s important to make sure your videos for these platforms work well even without any sound needed. This means a focus on the visual aspect and even including subtitles so that your viewers can still make sense of the story even without sound.
Also, Facebook prefers longer videos in their newsfeed algorithm. This means you really have to focus on creating the best type of content for your audience instead of just making videos for the sake of making videos.
Another thing you need to do is to upload videos directly to Facebook or Instagram. People will be more likely to watch your videos if they are already on Facebook instead of having to be sent to another external website.
For YouTube, it is important to post with a specific strategy in place. YouTube has become such a large platform that it can now act as a library of video content where people can choose whether to be educated or entertained.
YouTube can be a good place for seeking brand awareness as long as you can create video content that your audience will be searching for.
You can be able to create and cultivate a dedicated audience of subscribers by creating entertaining, educational, and informative content that is in high demand. Once you achieve this, you will be able to see successful results.
When it comes to Twitter, it is important to keep your videos short and sweet. You can use these Twitter videos to help promote a blog post and engage with your audience.
Normally, short clips that are easy and quick to watch are those that perform the best on the platform. You can pin your most recent or best video on your profile so that it can get more exposure.
Also, if you have the time and resources, you can even create short personalised videos to reply and engage with your audience. There can be a fun and organic way to interact with your customers on a more personal level.
You can check out our website to see all our videography services like live action videos, animation videos, personalised videos, and our photography services, as well as get an instant quote from us for free.